The Jain Network is governed in accordance with the Charity Commission and Companies House rules and as per the management enshrined in the Jain tradition.
The Jain Network is managed by its Executive Board of Trustees. The Founder of the Jain Network was the late Dr Natubhai Shah and the President of the Jain Network is Dr Samir Shah. The Executive Board of Trustees has an elected Chair and a number of office bearers as listed below, while other Trustees hold various portfolios relating to different current events and services. Turnover of Trustees occurs in accordance with the Jain Network Constitution.
The Executive Board is responsible for all Jain Network activities. These include the development of the new Jain Centre at 64-68 Colindale Road, fundraising, strategic planning, management of regular activities, quality standards, risk management, and monitoring and evaluation of our work and projects. The Jain Network may appoint different committees, sub-committees, overseas non-executive trustees, patrons, ambassadors, administrative and other staff, advisors, volunteers and others as
- The majority of day-to-day activities are carried out by volunteers. The Jain Network follows statutory regulations and has in place guidelines and policies for areas such as financial procedures, health and safety, safeguarding vulnerable adults and children, equal opportunities, communication, working groups and volunteers.
- The Jain Network is a registered charity (No: 1131386) and a non-profit company (No: 06752627) in England and Wales. It has also registered a Community Interest Company (CIC) for its planned social enterprise work.
- Its founder organisations are: Jain Sangha of Europe, Jain Academy and Ahimsa for Quality of Life (all independent charities).
- The Jain Network is affiliated with Interfaith Network UK, Faith forum for London, Barnet Multifaith Forum, Barnet SACRE, Faith-based Regeneration Network, National Council of Voluntary Organisations UK, Barnet Hindu Council, National Council of Gujarati Organisations, Council of Dharmic Faiths, National Council of Vanik Associations, Colindale Community Development Trust and the Graham Park Consortium
- Jain International Organisation (JIO) launched its UK chapter at the House of Commons on 5 August 2016 and the Jain Network has been selected as the international headquarters of JIO.
JAIN NETWORK COMMITTEE 2022-23
Executive Board of Trustees
- Dr Samir Shah, President
- Prof Dr Ajay Shah, Chair of Trustees and Vice-President
- Mr Abhay Chopada, Vice-Chair
- Mr Dipakkumar Shah, Treasurer
- Mr Parasbhai Meisheri, Secretary
- Dr Satishbhai Ranka, Communications
- Mrs Leena Shah
- Mr Anantbhai Mehta
- Mrs Binaben Holden
- Mr Vipinbhai Mithani
- Mr Bharatbhai Mehta
- Mr Vijaybhai Sheth
- Dr Ajitbhai Shah
- Dr Rameshbhai Mehta
- Mrs Sushmaben Shah
- Mr Timirbhai Shah
- Mr Mahendrabhai Nagda
- Mr Ramanbhai Shah
- Mr Manharbhai Mehta
- Mr Shashibhai Shah
- Mr Punitbhai Shah
- Mrs Jyotsnaben D Shah
- Mr Prithvirajji Kothari (India)
- Mr Ghewarchandji Bohra (India)
- Mr Tejrajji Doshi (India)
- Mr Rameshchandji Bohra (India)
- Mr Rakeshji Jain (Dubai)
- Mr Ashokji Sanghvi (USA)
- Mr Ghewarchandji Bohra
- Mr Sureshbhai Devchand Shah
- Mr Tejrajji Doshi
- Mr Rameshchandji Bohra
- Mr Rakeshji Chopra – (IOC Convenor)
- Mr Narendrabhai Vanigota
- Mrs Alpaben Kothari (UK)
- Accountant – Mr Rajul Desai
- Office Administrator – Mrs Gauri Singh
- Administrative Executive – Mr Poojan Vankani
- Office Guardian – Mr Steve James