Jain Network is carrying out its education activities through Jain Academy and Philanthrophic and community welfare work through Ahimsa for Quality of Life (AQL).
We have also established JNHA Community Interest Company for delivery of entrepreneurial and business activities so that the income generate can help the maintenance of Jain Centre and also build capacity of young people and women as well as our local community.
Jainism is one of the oldest world faiths. Its heritage and culture has contributed significantly to Indian civilization and way of life for thousands of years. We facilitate the advancement and awareness of Jain values through the work of the Jain Academy.
Jain Network is planning through the Jain Academy educational activities such as:
- To provide courses in Jain studies in subjects such as Jain philosophy, Jain history, Jain literature, Jain sociology, Gujarati, Hindi and Prakrit language
- To establish the ‘Bright Sparks Academy’ for educational services and starting classes for school studies including GCSE and A-Levels in Mathematics, English and Science plus homework support
- To establishing ‘My India’ cultural academy to learn about India’s culture, history and heritage including festivals, dance, music, arts and crafts and places of interest
- To establish a training faculty for the community for professional, advocacy and IT services
- Activities for public benefit with projects for concerns and care of all life, training for religious workers, Minister of Religion and cultural literacy for health, educational, social workers and political leaders.
JNHA COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY (JNHA) has been registered in 2014 and is currently developing a series of activities.
Our objective is:
- To carry out activities which benefit the Jain and wider community in the United Kingdom and elsewhere
- To create infrastructure, physical space and trade for social purposes
- To provide sustainable community services such as advocacy, educational, environmental, employment, health, social, spiritual, travel, civic and cultural services
- To work with Voluntary Community Organisations, Social Enterprises and Charities