Ahimsa for Quality of Life (AQL) (Charity Number 100474) Ahimsa means non-violence and reverence for all life, equality and calmness of self.
Mission The promotion of human dignity and quality of life by developing core human values for a healthy civil society by developing local, national & international projects
Main Objectives are:
- To promote programmes for improvement quality of life
- To promote education and health programmes
- To alleviate poverty and to develop core human values
- To promote human dignity and self sufficiency
- To create Environmental awareness
- To promote community cohesion and a civil society
- To represent Human Interests to the Government, Statutory Authorities, Media and the Institutions of Influence
- To promote social enterprise and to co-operate with like-minded organisations
- To mobilise resources for the effective implementation of its various activities including provision of training and educational facilities
Activities: AQL has carried out rural development project in eastern Bihar in partnership with Shri AkhilBharatiyaSarakSangathan (SABSS); partnered with Bhagwan Mahavir ViklangSahayakSamiti in Jaipur for artificial limbs; in partnership with ANaRDE Foundation for rural development projects.
Governance: Ahimsa for Quality of Life is governed according to the Charity Commissioner’s rules and regulations. This charity has its own independent Board. Jain Network gives it administrative support for its functioning, activities and projects.
AHIMSA FOR QUALITY OF LIFE (AQL)
Dr Natubhai Shah – Chairman
Anant K Mehta Vice – Chairman
Dipakkumar Shah – Treasurer
Mr Dorab Mistry